he key to the C109RT’s performance is its 109-cubic-inch engine with Suzuki fuel injection, the same basic powerplant used by the awesome M109R, which traces its technological heritage to Suzuki’s championship winning GSX-R supersport bikes. One ride on the C109RT and you’ll notice that it boasts its own power characteristics, with more torque down low for extraordinarily acceleration.
In order to perform the way it looks, the new C109RT was extremely well engineered and it received an impressive number of features such as:
- Its 1783cc, 4-valve, DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and massive torque output.
- 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods.
- Unique new two-stage cam drive system which creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height, creating a lower center of gravity.
- 20% increased crank inertia for increased torque delivery at low speed and for reduced vibration across the rpm range.
- A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity.
- Five speed transmission featuring carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations.
- Three piece airbox using dual intakes which work through a pleated fabric air cleaner element.
- Electronic fuel injection system witch features Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 52mm throttle bodies maintaining optimum air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response.
- A new Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improving cold starting and stabilizes engine Idle speed in various conditions.
- Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system controlled by a powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
- The fact that each bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearance and reduced weight.
- 2-into1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful V-twin sound.
As we could expect, the C109RT also received a new chassis which features unique characteristics like:
- High-tensile double cradle steel frame, build to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride.
- New cast alloy wheels featuring a 10 spoke radial design for a clean and classic look. The new cast wheels measure a 3.50 X 16 inch up front and a massive 8.00 x 16 inch rear tire wearing a huge 240mm radial tire.
- The new combined braking systems, utilizing three pistons per caliper for the dual disc front braking system. When applying the front brake lever two pistons work at the front. When using the rear brake pedal both front brake and rear brake systems are combined using the rear brake and the middle piston of the front brake calipers through a delay valve.
- New pull back type handlebars with a deep chrome plated finish and a beautiful wide design for a massive look.
- 49mm front forks feature thick chrome covers for a stylish new look and 130mm of wheel travel.
- Link type aluminum swingarm creating a rigid tail look with light weight and high rigidity.
- Stylish and wide fuel tank design highlights the classic lines of the C109RT with a large 5 gallon fuel capacity for maximum rider enjoyment.
- New spacious floorboards provide the rider with increased comfort and control.
We make every effort to provide accurate information, but please verify options and price before purchasing. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. All prices are special internet prices only. All financing is subject to approved credit. Tax, tags, and processing fee of $599 additional. See Dealer for Details.